Thursday, June 9, 2011

THE CHARACTERISTICS * - OF A GOOD LEADER! -


  • Challenges me to do my best.




  • Sets a good example.




  • Explains the reasons for instructions & procedures.




  • Helps me polish my thoughts before I present them to others.





  • Is objective about things.




  • Lets me make my own decisions.







  • Cares about me & how I'm doing.




  • Does not seek the limelight.




  • Won't let me give up.




  • Gives personal guidance & direction, especially when I'm learning something new.





  • Is empathetic & understanding.





  • Is firm but fair.





  • Keeps a results orientation.




  • Makes me work out most of my own problems or tough situations, but supports me.




  • Lets me know where I stand.




  • Listens exceptionally well.




  • Doesn't put words in my mouth.






  • Is easy to talk with.




  • Keeps the promises s/he makes.






  • Keeps me focused on the goals ahead.






  • Works as hard or harder than anyone else.




  • Is humble.




  • Is proud of those managers s/he has developed.




  • Gives credit where credit is due.






  • Never says "I told you so."






  • Corrects my performance in private.






  • Never flaunts authority.







  • Is always straight-forward.







  • Gives at least a second chance.







  • Maintains an open door policy.







  • Uses language that is easy to understand.






  • Lets bygones be bygones.






  • Inspires loyalty.






  • Really wants to hear my ideas & acts on them.







  • Lets me set my own deadlines.







  • Celebrates successes.






  • Is open & honest.






  • Doesn't hide bad news.






  • Gives me enough time to prepare for discussion.







  • Is enthusiastic.







  • Follows through.







  • Is patient.






  • Wants me to "stretch" my skills.






  • Gives me his/her full attention during discussions, & won't be distracted.







  • Has a sense of humor.







  • Handles disagreements privately.







  • Reassures me.






  • Makes me feel confident.







  • Tells me the "whole story."






  • Says "we" instead of "I".






  • Makes hard work worth it.






  • Can communicate annoyance without running wild.






  • Is courageous.






  • Insists on training.






  • Is a stabilizing influence in a crisis.






  • Gets everyone involved.







  • Wants me to be successful.






  • Is optimistic.






  • Operates well under pressure, or in a rapidly changing  environment.






  • Has a reputation for competence with his/her own peers.







  • Has a good understanding of the job.






  • Is tough & tender.






  • Believes we can do it.






  • Sets attainable milestones.






  • Communicates philosophy & values.






  • Is perceptive; doesn't believe that everything needs to be spelled out.






  • Has a strong sense of urgency.







  • Preserves the individuality of his/her team members.







  • Thinks & operates at a level above that expected.






  • Wants to make the organization the best in the industry.







  • Is willing to act on intuition; believes feelings are facts.







  • Empowers us.






  • Is there when we need her/him.






  • Enjoys his/her job.






  • Likes to spend time with us.





  • - From "The One-Minute Manager" -
    - By Kenneth Blanchard -

    No comments: